On This Page
Cash Grab, alternately known as Go Go Claw, is what appears to be an arcade-style claw machine, but with monetary prizes. Despite appearances, the outcome of a bet is determined as soon as the bet is made and the aspect with the claw is just for show.
I saw the game on the second floor of the D casino in Las Vegas on July 11, 2021.
The following are the rules as observed at the D the day of my visit.
- The player may bet $5, $10, $20, $50, or $100.
- The following are the possible prizes by bet amount:
- $5: $10, $25, $100, jackpot
- $10: $20, $50, $250, jackpot
- $20: $40, $100, $500, jackpot
- $50: $100, $300, $1500, jackpot
- $100: $300, $600, $3000, jackpot
- Each bet amount has it's own jackpot. The following list shows the reset value and maximum value of all five:
- $5: $500 to $1000
- $10: $1500 to $3000
- $20: $2000 to $4000
- $50: $3000 to $6000
- $100: $5000 to $10,000
If any of that was unclear, the images below show the help screens from the game. Click any image for a larger version.
Unfortunately, the game provides no information to quantify the odds. Nothing on the win frequency, average win, or anything. All I can say is that in Nevada a ugslot game must be set to an average return of at least 75%. I can also say this game is big with a slow rate of play, so it is probably set to not much above that 75% so it pulls it's expected revenue per square foot of gaming space.
If you must play, I recommend being mindful of the jackpot amounts. As a basis of comparison, here is what they were on July 11, 2011.
- $5 — $1,000
- $10 — $1,972
- $20 — $2,256
- $50 — $3,050
- $100 — $5,020
You can see the jackpots for bets of $20 and above are near the reset values. This leads me to believe the game is rarely played at such large bets. Only at the $5 bet amount had the jackpot reached the maximum value. So, if forced to play, I would bet $5 at a time.
- about Cash Grab in my forum at ugslot of Vegas. There I refer to the game as Go Go Claw.
- of the game being played at the D.
Written by:Michael Shackleford